httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/filters mod_include.c
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2001 21:21:16 GMT writes:

> trawick     01/08/17 13:41:15
>   Modified:    modules/filters mod_include.c
>   Log:
>   Fix a problem in mod_include when we reached the BYTE_COUNT_THRESHOLD
>   after parsing the first part of the tag.  We could get errors like
>   [error] [client] unknown directive "<!" in parsed doc filename

At this point, I think a certain class of errors are taken care of
(encountering BYTE_COUNT_THRESHOLD at different places within the
tag).  I've tested tag offsets from 1 to 10000 bytes and some selected
ones above that

I don't think we handle a tag longer than BYTE_COUNT_THRESHOLD.
Paul mentioned off-line that he would look into that.  I doubt that is
necessary for the short term.

Also, Greg mentions a subrequest problem

> [Fri Aug 17 10:42:01 2001] [error] [client] unable to
> include "FAQ-B.html?" in parsed file
> /www/

which needs to be looked into.  At least the file name was parsed
correctly :)

<!--#include virtual="FAQ-A.html?" -->
<!--#include virtual="FAQ-B.html?" -->
<!--#include virtual="FAQ-C.html?" -->
<!--#include virtual="FAQ-D.html?" -->
<!--#include virtual="FAQ-E.html?" -->
<!--#include virtual="FAQ-F.html?" -->
<!--#include virtual="FAQ-G.html?" -->

Jeff Trawick | | PGP public key at web site:
             Born in Roswell... married an alien...

View raw message