httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Comments on accept-mutex/single-listen patch ??
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2001 21:08:09 GMT

On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> To my mind, AcceptMutex is key, and if SingleListen needs to go
> then fine...

IMHO AcceptMutex already allows you to shoot yourself in the foot. On some
platforms also allowing SingleListen shooting would be fine.

I'am still trying to actually prove that it does -not- work on
Darwin/MacOS-X. (Though on Solaris 2.6 it is easily shown to be deadly).

There is certianly (sofar) seems safe to do - and perform well (against
ab).

Dw