httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Comments on accept-mutex/single-listen patch ??
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2001 21:00:48 GMT

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Basically the patch creates a set method based on that, and *allows* it to
> be compiled in if desired. Nothing more. I'd like more people
> to test the OS X implementation out, because that's the only one
> so far that I've seen that appears to work with some limited
> stress testing. And if we remove that from the Darwin case, so be it.

Yup - works for me on Darwin - and also works for me on a FreeBSD kernel
with some heavilly modified http-accept filter patches.

It is nice to expose this sort of 'shoot in the foot' functions to people
who want it (just like we allow people to shoot themselves by giving them
mutex config options).

+1 on the single :-)

Dw.