httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Costa Portela <cco...@servidores.net>
Subject Re: About image processing and cache.
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2001 07:45:19 GMT
On Sat, 11 Aug 2001, Tarun Upadhyay wrote:

> a) Configure all your cgi scripts for image processing to do it in GET
> directives. So your URL queries will look like:
>
> http://www.yourhost.com/processimage.cgi?image=penguin.jpg&rectangle.x=100&r
> ectangle.y=400
>
> this is probably what you intend to do, anyways.
>
> b) Configure mod_rewrite to show this to user as a direct URL (without query
> variables).
> so before mod_rewrite process the above query it may look something like:
>
> http://www.yourhost.com/processimage/penguin.jpg/rectangle/100_400
>
> c) and of course, configure your cgi script so that generated image has long
> timeout from cache
>
> This will also "aggregate" your image processing.

	If I do this, do I need put the cache and image processing layers,
as Graham said?. Are both solutions compatible?.

	Thank you very much,
		Carlos.

  http://www.improveyourweb.com : All about web, PHP-Nuke based site
             [ Web info for and from web people: enjoy it! ]

|   e-mail:  ccosta@servidores.net  |     http://www.registros.net    |
|   www: http://ccp.servidores.net  |     http://www.avisaboe.com     |
|      http://www.biologia.org      |   http://moana.servidores.net   |
|__Tódalas persoas maiores foron nenos antes, pero poucas se lembran__|