httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Costa Portela <cco...@servidores.net>
Subject Re: About image processing and cache.
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2001 07:39:51 GMT
On Sat, 11 Aug 2001, Graham Leggett wrote:
> The image processing is done in the image processing layer, the proxy
> acts as the caching layer like this:
>
>  +---------+     +-------+     +-----------+
>  | Browser | <-- | Proxy | <-- | Image     | <-- Image
>  +---------+     | cache |     | Processor |
>                  +-------+     +-----------+
>
> The proxy cache can run on a different machine, or the same machine, or
> even be a separate virtual host on the webserver (if the image
> manipulator and the cache are both Apache).

	When you say "both Apache" you want to say "both Apache modules",
I think. I am thinking around the dedicated caching layer, since probably
(in the future) I'll want add "pre-cache", generating subimages when the
user request an image (with sections of the image, for example). (But this
is another tale).

> >         If I use a dedicated caching layer, 1st, where can I find info?
>
> Look in the mod_proxy docs for the ProxyPass directive, and read the
> sections in RFC2616 about the Last-Modified and Expires headers so that
> the cache is effective.

	And where can I find information about add the "Image Processor"
module, that is, information about put a layer between file and proxy
cache?.

> > and 2nd, can I agregate image processing?
>
> I don't follow - what does this mean?

	What you say at the first of the email (the Image Processor
module) (Excuse my bad English).

	Thank you very much,
		Carlos.

  http://www.improveyourweb.com : All about web, PHP-Nuke based site
             [ Web info for and from web people: enjoy it! ]

|   e-mail:  ccosta@servidores.net  |     http://www.registros.net    |
|   www: http://ccp.servidores.net  |     http://www.avisaboe.com     |
|      http://www.biologia.org      |   http://moana.servidores.net   |
|__Tódalas persoas maiores foron nenos antes, pero poucas se lembran__|