httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server request.c
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2001 05:17:22 GMT
On 31 Aug 2001 jwoolley@apache.org wrote:

>   Assuming that's a correct translation, which I believe to be the case
>   (and which also seems to jive with the previous version of the test),
>   then that first part darned well better check == 0, as opposed to != 0.
>   strncmp returns 0 when they match.  =-)
>
>   And voila,
>   "All tests successful, 1 test skipped."
>   is the result from httpd-test

And of course there's a downside: the tests are only as good as what they
check for.  It's still possible to get into the "else" case (and therefore
segfault later) if you just make a relative subrequest for a file in some
other directory.  None of the mod_include tests currently test that (I'll
ask the httpd-test guys to add some tests that check this).  So you still
segfault if you do something like this:

<!--#include file="subdir/foo.shtml"-->

Though this now works:

<!--#include file="foo.shtml"-->

Arggh.  I think I like Bill's solution of ditching this "INTERNALLY
GENERATED crap" and just make it NULL.  But my brain is too fried right
now to get that working.

I'm going to sleep.  We'll fix this tomorrow.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA