httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: appending to the content brigade
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2001 22:54:31 GMT
On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, Greg Stein wrote:

> Okay... let's back up. I believe that some poor advice may have been given.
>
> For now, let's assume that bPayload *does* have the entire content. Given
> that, there is *no* reason to copy the darn payload into a new brigade.
>
> The whole *idea* of the filters and the brigades is that you modify the
> brigade passed to you, and then pass it on down. Thus, your operation is
> like this:

Oh, duh, yeah of course.  Thanks for clearing the air.  =-)  I wasn't
thinking from the beginning.  I started with the assumption that we had
two brigades and we wanted to combine them or twiddle them in some way
(which filters do all the time), missing the obvious fact that in THIS
case you don't have to do that.  Tack some stuff onto the beginning, pass
it down.  That's it.  Well, anyway, now you (Eric) know what the rules are
if you have a more complicated case.

Thanks Greg.  :)

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley