httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: back on apache2_0_22
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2001 21:25:51 GMT
On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, Cliff Woolley wrote:

> I took a look at dump 3 and it's a failed byterange request (it wanted to
> return a 416 range not satisfiable just before it bombed).  My guess is
> that this problem (could be unrelated to the one in the other dumps) is
> related to the change to apr_brigade_partition() to return the sentinel as
> after_point if you attempt to partition past the end of the brigade.
> I'll dig into the byterange filter and try to figure this one out while
> you pound on mod_include.

If core 3 is a problem with the byterange filter, I sure as hell can't
figure out how.  I mentally stepped through the code for all the
possibilities I could think of and it seems to be correct for all of them.
Intuition still tells me that the apr_brigade_partition() change is
involved somehow, but if so, it's some other partition call and not the
ones that happen in the byterange filter itself I think.  <sigh>  Back to
the drawing board.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com