httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: making apache 2.0 supports multiple protocols
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2001 16:36:05 GMT
On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, Farag, Hany M (Hany) wrote:

> I'm working right now on making apache 2.0 supports other protocols (ex:
> Beep, SOAP, iCAP, ...etc) and i'm doing it as seperate  modules but The
> thing that i Realy not clear about is since http is currently impelemented
> within the Apache core, Doesn't this make it impossible to support the other
> protocols unless i make the Http protocol itself as a module.
>
> Please Correct me if I'm wrong..
> Any help will be apperciated.
>
>> when i'm configure apache 2.0.16 with:
>> ./configure --disable-http
>>
>> and then make
>>
>> I get the following errors:

You should *really* be using a newer version of Apache if you're trying to
do things like this.  HTTP is a separate module and has been for some
time.  A while back, Ryan and Greg S. and some of the others put some work
into factoring out HTTP from the core as much as possible.  I haven't
tried it myself, but I'm pretty sure it *is* now possible to build without
http enabled.  Give it another try with the current CVS (or at least
2.0.22 or better) and see what happens.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com