httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: 2.0.23 tarballs up
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2001 20:56:17 GMT
On Fri, 10 Aug 2001 TOKILEY@aol.com wrote:

> Before anyone scoots that tarball out to a beta or GA dir I am
> just trying to verify it has a chance of downloading/building
> and so far I can't.

Nothing's going anywhere until we have a working Win32 tarball, believe
me.

> BTW: This release has all the 'ApacheMonitor' TRAY ICON code
> already in it but if you break that code out and manually 'load' it
> up into a blank project space to build 'stand-alone' it won't compile
> so not sure what's up with all that, either. I don't even remember
> anyone even VOTING on this ApacheMonitor code and now it's
> already in the distribution? Seems like the code submission/verification
> committ process short-circuited on this one or something.

Apache 2.0 is commit then review.  Besides, this is just a little
support application.  There was no need for a vote.

> I am not saying it won't work or that it isn't what Wrowe wanted...
> it just seems weird how it has 'slipped' into the distribution and
> doesn't even seem to compile yet. I didn't know it was that easy
> to get code into an Apache distribution.

By all (other) reports I've heard, it compiles and works.  I don't know
why you're having problems compiling it, but I have to assume they're the
same problems you're having with the rest of the tarball.

<shrug>

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com