httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: are we ready to roll? - POST thru' mod_ssl
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2001 19:00:10 GMT
On Fri, 10 Aug 2001, MATHIHALLI,MADHUSUDAN (HP-Cupertino,ex1) wrote:

> The problem appears to go away if we can have apr_bucket_read read in
> APR_NONBLOCK_MODE in the apr_brigade_length ().. I can post a patch if
> required..

I don't think this is the right thing to do, just as I was hesitant about
letting brigade_partition operate in nonblocking mode.  When code calls
apr_brigade_length(), it wants to know how much data there is, period.
The byterange filter depends on apr_brigade_length() having read all the
data from variable-length buckets (pipe and socket) and giving it back a
definite length and buckets that are all of known length.  Nonblocking
mode would break that.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com