httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Listen vs. Port
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2001 02:18:30 GMT
On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Cliff Woolley wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Doug MacEachern wrote:
>
> > if Listen is used to set the server port, and Port is not configured,
> > ap_get_server_port returns the default port (80).  this breaks mod_dir
> > redirects if Listen is something other than 80.
>
> I thought that was the whole point of the Port directive in the first
> place.

Sorry for stating the obvious, I missed the point of your message.  The
answer is still that this is the expected behaviour, though, at least
according to my reading of the docs for the Listen directive, which say:

"Note that you may still require a Port directive so that URLs that Apache
generates that point to your server still work."

<shrug>

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com