httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: 2.0.23?
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2001 18:51:09 GMT
On 1 Aug 2001 wrowe@apache.org wrote:

> wrowe       01/08/01 16:33:08
>
>   Modified:    .        CHANGES
>                modules/http mod_mime.c
>   Log:
>     Solve the merge bugs, by storing a copy bit to save us a ton of
>     reallocation in the merge config phase.  Should keep most of the
>     savings realized by moving to tables.
>
>     Need others to vet this code, please!  Look at this and the prior
>     patch as a single diff (-r n -r n-2) to see the overall changes.

You asked me to hold, so I'm holding.  =-)  How close are we to having
this licked after this patch?  (I intend to go over all this with a
fine-toothed comb, BTW, but it'll have to wait a few hours.)

This problem aside, what are the other currently known problems?  I think
I heard that the linux build problems were fixed (I will of course
double-check that it works on my RH7.1 box).  Oh, and what's with this
commit?

> wrowe       01/08/01 12:15:22
>
>   Modified:    server   core.c
>   Log:
>     This patch fixes more untold breakage than you can shake a stick at.

APR_BRIGADE_FOREACH(e,b) provides a perfectly usable e as long as you
don't MODIFY e within the loop, because the foreach gets to the next
bucket in the brigade using APR_BUCKET_NEXT(e).  I haven't looked yet
at that loop (but I will)... was e getting modified?  If so, then
yeah, that would cause loads of funky problems.

Are there other planned changes to the threaded MPM or to the MPM API (as
in the current ap_graceful_stop_signalled() discussion)?

Thanks,
Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com