httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: 2.0.23?
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2001 14:02:57 GMT
On 1 Aug 2001, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> > PS: Fixes for the Mac OS X/Darwin problem have still not been committed.
> > It was two problems... one of which was the version of buildconf on
> > icarus, no doubt (hence the old config.guess in the tarball).  I'll see
> > what I can do about that.  The other problem probably just needs a
> > configure check added or maybe some hints magic... can someone with a
> > Darwin box please do me a favor and fix this the right way, please?
>
> What was the second problem, or what is the subject of messages
> describing the second problem?
>
> I'm building from HEAD okay on Darwin now.

The two problems were listed along with the other known problem in the
email I sent to current-testers.

One was that a certain file in APR failed to link due to some feature
macro being set incorrectly resulting in APR trying to use functions
(possibly threading-related? I don't remember off the top of my head) that
didn't exist on that platform.

The other problem was the old copy of config.guess that was in the
tarball, which presumably got there when I ran buildconf on icarus.  I'll
have to figure out how to get icarus to give me a newer config.guess when
I roll the next tarball.

Thanks,

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley