httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: modifying MIME handling
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2001 05:38:53 GMT
On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Ryan Bloom wrote:

> On Thursday 09 August 2001 22:06, Paul Bayley wrote:
> > >you can make your module's ap_hook_type_checker get called before
> > >mod_mime's hook. but I think this is a server-wide setting, not a
> > >directory setting.
> >
> > Is there any way to change the priority per directory?
>
> No.  It would be a pretty big performance hit to re-order our module lists for every
> directory.

...but you can cheat somewhat for the presumably limited requirements
here.

Have your module consist of two modules using the same code behind
them.  One is added before mod_mime, one after.  Then have a config
directive that lets you set which is actually used for a given
directory.

Ugly?  Inflexible?  Single purposed?  Sure.  A way to do it... maybe.