httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Jason Burns/DHD" <ja...@danni.com>
Subject RE: Bandwidth control
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2001 20:40:56 GMT

Once again, Danni's Hard Drive has implemented these features in apache
1.3.x.
I sent in a patch to 1.3.20 but nobody has appeared to be interested in it.
I feel like this is the SGI 10x patch deal all over again.  Would anyone
care
to look at the patch if I sent it in again?

Jason

                    Charles Randall

                    <crandall@match        To:     "'dev@httpd.apache.org'" <dev@httpd.apache.org>

                    logic.com>             cc:

                                           Subject:     RE: Bandwidth control

                    08/31/01 10:26

                    AM

                    Please respond

                    to dev

As you point out, that level of granularity isn't available with general
purpose traffic shaping tools.

You may want to look at the Zeus server to understand the features that
were
product-worthy as one example. It appears that they've only implemented
this
at the virtual server level.

As you're probably aware, thttpd also provides flexible bandwidth
throttling,

http://www.acme.com/software/thttpd/thttpd_man.html#THROTTLING

Charles