httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "fredric greene" <bluegree...@msn.com>
Subject gcc compiler not working with apache server
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2001 20:45:08 GMT
Please help-
I'm trying to compile an Apache server (1.3.9) using gcc (3.0 then reinstalled 2.95). No luck.
Configure command keeps giving me output below - "..doing sanity check.....Apache requires
an ANSI C compiler."
I've tried different versions of gcc (all apparently ANSI compliant).
I've tried different flags for gcc (gcc-ansi; CC=gcc)
I've tried different path setups.
I have a valid "Make" in my path.
I've tried different compiler flags (CFLAGS, LDFLAGS)
# ./Configure
Using config file: Configuration
Creating Makefile
+ configured for Solaris 280 platform
+ setting C pre-processor to /usr/local/bin
+ checking for system header files
+ adding selected modules
+ doing sanity check on compiler and options
** A test compilation with your Makefile configuration
** failed. The below error output from the compilation
** test will give you an idea what is failing. Note that
** Apache requires an ANSI C Compiler, such as gcc.

Please help. Thanks.
Fredric Greene
bluegreene1@msn.com