httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Mladen Turk" <mladen.t...@mail.inet.hr>
Subject RE: CONTRIBUTION : Monitoring Services on WIN32
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2001 17:40:01 GMT

Yes it would add additional 15K code, but on the other hand if you have
uninstall, it makes sense to have the install option too( just to be user
friendly :).
I hate to type those long command line sausages :). Hate that.

> > *Get PID on WINNT 4.0
>
> Hmmm.  Need to think about that.  Do we (ever) need to get the
> PID on winNT,
> since we have the SCM?  Or is this just for information purposes?

I use pid as a service status flag, and it's also an info. NT4.0 doesn't
have a QueryServiceStatusEx, so each running service pid is set to 1 (not
very cool :)

MT