httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "MATHIHALLI,MADHUSUDAN (HP-Cupertino,ex1)" <madhusudan_mathiha...@hp.com>
Subject RE: MM
Date Sat, 25 Aug 2001 00:42:57 GMT
Thanks for the responses..

-Madhu

-----Original Message-----
From: Justin Erenkrantz [mailto:jerenkrantz@ebuilt.com]
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2001 5:37 PM
To: dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: MM

On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 08:28:22PM -0400, MATHIHALLI,MADHUSUDAN
(HP-Cupertino,ex1) wrote:
> Quick Question - Is MM support still available and if yes, how do I enable
> it (--enable-sms ?)

No, MM is "no longer pertinent" (got to love CVS's terminology).  =-)

Anyway, --enable-sms refers to our experimental Stackable Memory
System.  It's kind of dead now because it couldn't perform as
well as the current pool code.

Sander and Brian's recent patches attempt to add thread-local
freelists to our pool code - which is the major disadvantage with
the current pool code that SMS was attempting to address.  We
probably need to sift through these patches to determine which
alternative we prefer.  -- justin