httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "MATHIHALLI,MADHUSUDAN (HP-Cupertino,ex1)" <madhusudan_mathiha...@hp.com>
Subject RE: build fails with latest CVS
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2001 20:51:10 GMT
It works now.. I deleted my entire CVS tree and downloaded afresh again..
I'm not sure what had happened earlier :-(..

Thanks
-Madhu

-----Original Message-----
From: Justin Erenkrantz [mailto:jerenkrantz@ebuilt.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2001 12:27 PM
To: new-httpd@apache.org
Subject: Re: build fails with latest CVS

On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 12:18:26PM -0700, MATHIHALLI,MADHUSUDAN
(HP-Cupertino,ex1) wrote:
> Hi,
> 	Thanks for that piece of information.. But, when I download the CVS
> tree, I usually copy it to a new location - so the configure script will
not
> exist be in my source tree by default.. The buildconf script gets executed
> everytime I download the CVS tree..
>
> 	As regards the problem, it occurs because there's a blank Makefile
> that's being generated by the configure script in the srclib/apr-util/ldap
> directory. I'm not sure how other operating systems require, but HPUX
> requires that there's atleast a "all: " rule in the Makefile. Also, there
> are no other files in this directory. Why is this Makefile at all being
> generated ?.. This file is generated irrespective of whether I specify the
> option --disable-auth-ldap or not..

jerenkrantz% ls -1 ~/cvs-apache/httpd-2.0/srclib/apr-util/ldap/*
CVS
Makefile
Makefile.in
apr_ldap_compat.c
apr_ldap_compat.lo
apr_ldap_compat.o

The all target will be imported via the include directive.

You have something else going on.  -- justin