httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <i...@cnet.com>
Subject [Fwd: brianp patch Quantify results] (was thread-specific free list for pools" patch )
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2001 19:14:17 GMT
One of our other developers ran Brian Pane's
thread-specific free list for pools patch (posted ~1 week ago)

here are his results.
..Ian

-----Forwarded Message-----
From: Blaise Tarr <XXXXXXXXXX>
To: pxi-webserver@cnet.com
Subject: brianp patch Quantify results

Hey,

For the baseline I used the CVS version from yesterday (8/3) morning.
Then I applied Brian's "thread-specific free list for pools" patch.

I used these configs:
    StartServers         1
    MaxClients           1
    MinSpareThreads      5
    MaxSpareThreads     10
    ThreadsPerChild     25

For the test, I requested 500 news.com pages that have 2 virtual
includes.  The pages were copies of the same file but had different
names.  (lynx -source http://hungry.cnet.com/2file/00${i}.html)

handle_include + descendants were 9.5% faster with Brian's patch, and
accounted for 5.89% of the total time, as opposed to 6.28% of the
total time for the baseline.  Overall, Brian's patch reduced the
number of cycles by 3.74%.

Now, I must add that these are Quantify numbers, not real world
numbers.
So, what's next?

--
Blaise Tarr