httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <i...@cnet.com>
Subject Re: modifying MIME handling
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2001 19:54:28 GMT
On 09 Aug 2001 12:18:08 -0700, Paul Bayley wrote:
> I think I'm going to have to write a new module from scratch. I can extend mod_mime but
it would just change too many things and I'll only end up writing a patch which has zero chance
of submission. I'm not looking forward to this.

you could do the stuff you want to do, and if your module can't handle
it it cold return DECLINED, and let the normal mod_mime give it a shot
> Question is how would it be possible to change which module has priority in which directory.
Is that possible?

you can make your module's ap_hook_type_checker get called before
mod_mime's hook. but I think this is a server-wide setting, not a
directory setting.

--
Ian Holsman
Performance Measurement & Analysis