httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <i...@cnet.com>
Subject Re: [contrib] GZ filter -- resend
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2001 17:53:28 GMT
On 03 Aug 2001 19:28:42 +0200, G√ľnter Knauf wrote:
> Hi Ian,
>
> got mod_gz compiled as DSO for Win32 and it loads fine into the server; have set 'GZFilter
on'. But how can I now see that it works? Are there any vars which I can use to produce a
logfile?
there is a debug message which has the compressed length.

I'll set a note which can then be used by mod_log config... how does
that sound?

Oh..GZFilter on doesn't do anything at the moment.
I need to add some more config options to change the compression
options.
(it is now setup for MAX SPEED/MIN compression/MAX MEMORY)

I was also thinking that a input filter which ungzip's a stream (so that
the proxy can decompress gzipped input) but I'll wait until I see how
this patch goes.

> For Apache-1.3 there exists a similar module mod_gzip:
> http://www.RemoteCommunications.com/apache/mod_gzip/

yep...
I know about that one. I was waiting for these guys to port it to 2.0,
but they were waiting for apache2 to become more stable (didn't want the
support hassle)

This is MUCH simpler than their version as it doesn't have to do too
much  (thanks to how filters work)

If I get some spare time, I'm going to try to write a rsync version (see
http://rproxy.samba.org) which would be REALLY cool

..Ian
> take a look at:
> http://www.remotecommunications.com/apache/mod_gzip/src/1.3.19.1a/commands.txt
> to see what directives are available for logging. It would be great if you could add
some similar logging to mod_gz...

--
Ian Holsman