httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Gonyou, Austin" <aus...@coremetrics.com>
Subject RE: 2.0.23 tarballs up
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2001 14:43:53 GMT
On the thought of +1 for GA with no threaded mpm. I'd have to say NO WAY. As
someone who's constantly trying to push apache beyond it's limits, I can
easily break 1.3.x on our current hardware. That said, the same hardware
with apache 2.0 and threaded MPM serving static pages can easily go to
nearly 3 times that of 1.3.x. That just extended the life of our hardware
for another year or more, or possibly obosoleted it in favor of LESS servers
with beefier statistics. Either way, we're getting more bang for the buck by
using the threaded MPM versus prefork. Thanks for listening. +1 for beta, if
it means anything. :)

--
Austin Gonyou
Systems Architect, CCNA