httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter J. Cranstone" <cranst...@remotecommunications.com>
Subject RE: 2.0.23 tarballs up
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2001 14:27:23 GMT
>> Just the addition of the filters based architecture is an enormous
selling point for Apache v2.0

I agree... You've added two major features... MPM and filtering.. I'm
just suggesting that the performance improvement along with some
documentation on how to port your modules to the new filtering mechanism
will garner a lot of support for the new version.

Remember, if there is no real performance improvement between 1.3 and
2.0 then the major selling point has to be filtering. It would be great
to show two reasons to upgrade rather than one.

Just my two cents

Peter