httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pane <bp...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: 2.0.26?
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2001 20:09:02 GMT
Bill Stoddard wrote:

>>Certainly converting mod_mime
>>to a hash makes the other key whiner of "we've got to get this out the door" look
>>equally foolish.  That patch ate a week of several people's lives.  I hope the
>>performance improvement proves worth it.

The hashes themselves seem to be an improvement.  Previously, apr_table_get
was a hotspot in performance profiles, and now it isn't any more.

What's not clear, however, is how much of a speedup we're getting from all
the subsequent enhancements to avoid copying in the same-pool case (which is
where all the real complexity is).  Anybody have benchmark or profile data
on this part?

--Brian