httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pane <bp...@pacbell.net>
Subject chunking of content in mod_include?
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2001 23:05:31 GMT
In mod_include's find_start_sequence function, there's some code that
splits the current bucket if "ctx->bytes_parsed >= BYTE_COUNT_THRESHOLD."

Can somebody explain the rationale for this?  It seems redundant to be
splitting the data into smaller chunks in a content filter; I'd expect
mod_include to defer network block sizing to downstream filters.  In the
profile data I'm looking at currently, this check accounts for 35% of the
total run time of find_start_sequence, so there's some performance to
be gained if the "ctx->bytes_parsed >= BYTE_COUNT_THRESHOLD" check can
be eliminated.

--Brian