httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@remulak.net>
Subject Re: back on apache2_0_22
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2001 18:31:24 GMT
Greg Ames wrote:

> We got a second seg fault running 2.0.24 tonight with mod_include
> instrumented.

Problem debugged.  There was a commit to mod_include.h after 2.0.22 to
the SPLIT_AND_PASS_PRETAG_BUCKETS macro which exited early if
ap_pass_brigade failed.  It returned before setting a brigade pointer to
the result of a split, which caused the seg faults when there are
dropped connections.

Note: this is a return hidden in the middle of a macro.  Evil.  Try
stepping thru it with a debugger sometime.  (hey! how did I end up in
the caller all of a sudden?)

Paul Reder said he'd work on getting rid of this macro and the
CREATE_ERROR_BUCKET macro also, as well as doing the Right Thing in the
error legs.  I've got 2.0.24 with a tweaked SPLIT_AND_PASS... macro
running on port 8092 daedalus now, and I'm about to do log replay
testing on it.  I'm hoping tonight we can run apache.org production on
2.0.24 plus a new improved mod_include.

Greg