httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: ldap?
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2001 23:06:42 GMT
Ryan Bloom wrote:

> Woah.  Those are build differences, not C-code differences.  Those can
> all be handled with some simple m4 configure scripts.  Why are we wrapping
> C-code?  What differences are we abstracting with the C code?

The C differences are involved with standardising between some
differences between LDAP v2.0, and v3.0 and how they are implemented in
some libraries (some functions are missing).

Slowly though I am thinking that this belongs in the mod_ldap module
itself, and not apr-util. This way when mod_ldap is enabled and built,
it drags in with it the LDAP library, but not otherwise. LDAP in
apr-util made sense when the idea was to add LDAP based config files to
the core, but since that's been moved to a preprocessor idea suddenly
there is less need.

I think the exact same thing is done with mod_ssl.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street