httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: ldap?
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2001 04:25:54 GMT
Ryan Bloom wrote:

> I realize that this is a small piece, but the message posted by Will
> also doesn't say anything about mod_auth_ldap.c.

mod_auth_ldap is that part of the LDAP patch that does the actual useful
work (mod_ldap does nothing useful on it's own). I put it in modules/aaa
because I felt it made the most sense there, though there is no reason
it couldn't be in modules/ldap. It was posted along with the final
version of the patch last week, and I commited it after the mod_ldap
commit having received no objections.

> > why wasn't an httpd-ldap or similar subproject created for this instead?

This is not a bad idea - though I think it is important to see the issue
of the Apache rollup release resolved before it gets moved.

There are some dependancy relationships that are starting to form
between the various modules - mod_proxy will soon depend on mod_tls and
mod_ldap, mod_auth_ldap depends on mod_ldap. We need to make sure that
the rollup tree has all the modules that satisfy the dependancies in
one.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon