httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@remulak.net>
Subject Re: Kill signal testing of various mpms...
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2001 03:43:25 GMT
"Paul J. Reder" wrote:

> I have done some testing sending various kill signals to various MPMs.
> The results are summarized at http://24.25.12.102 (follow the link to
> the kill test results).
>
> Basically the worker MPM had difficulties, and threaded had a hard time
> doing graceless shutdown/restart while under a request load.

yeah, none of the threaded MPM's have logic to blow active requests out
of the water AFAIK. For shutdown, threaded should be sending SIGTERM,
then SIGKILL to the child processes and putting messages in the log once
it gets impatient, and that should do the job.

I've heard an intriguing suggestion for speeding up non-graceful, but
let's get a stable release out the door before we start tinkering too
much.  ssi's aren't working reliably at the moment.

Greg