httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul J. Reder" <rede...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Kill signal testing of various mpms...
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2001 01:07:41 GMT
I have done some testing sending various kill signals to various MPMs.
The results are summarized at http://24.25.12.102 (follow the link to
the kill test results).

Basically the worker MPM had difficulties, and threaded had a hard time
doing graceless shutdown/restart while under a request load. But all MPMs
did what they are supposed to when no request load was present. So Greg is
correct in saying that the threaded MPM does shutdown/restart immediately
under no load.

Please let me know if you have different results than what is published.
I also only have results for unix MPMs run on Linux. I don't have a setup
to test OS/2 or Windows.

I will work to keep these results up to date as changes occur.

--
Paul J. Reder
-- Albert Einstein