httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: writing a soap/web services authorization module over Apache
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2001 16:41:29 GMT
Tarun Upadhyay wrote:

> however, the only stumbling block on that road is that typically a SOAP call
> will be made from inside a program (and not from a human-oriented interface)
> so I don't know if I all authentication modules will make sense. But I guess
> we can live with that.

Well - Apache expects a username and password string to be passed to the
modules, which I assume would still make sense from inside a program.

One potential problem though is that the modules typically use
ap_get_basic_auth_pw() to get the password from the request. If the SOAP
call uses something different other than basic authentication (most
likely) it won't work. I would say this would need to be fixed to make
it protocol independant.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon