httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@remulak.net>
Subject Re: 2.0.23 tarballs up
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2001 17:54:43 GMT
"Gonyou, Austin" wrote:

> So, has this looked like a problem? Not to me, but odd none the less.
> Especially when I hit it with AB and my thread count decreases so far.

Austin,

another question, whenever you get the time.  What are your threaded
config parms?

The reason I ask is I've never seen anyone run 50+ processes with
threaded.  Actually, it's probably a good idea to start with just a few
threads per process in production, because it's more like prefork.  Then
increase threads/process (and decrease memory footprint) once the site
proves solid.

I forgot to tell you before - thanks much for taking the time to look at
this stuff.

Greg