httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Boyd <eb...@solidspeed.com>
Subject ANNOUNCE: Open Source Global Load Balancer for Apache
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2001 20:59:39 GMT

We have written and released, FEZhead, an open source global load
balancer that works at both the DNS and HTTP-redirect level, with hooks
for Apache suitable for use in creating mirrored websites.

A global load balancer is used to direct a browser's HTTP request to the
mirrored content server best suited (performance and price) to answer
that specific request. It also automatically handles failover, so that
if one mirrored content server is down, the request is still answered.

Check out http://www.fezhead.org/.

We are also looking for assistance in developing an Apache module
wrapper for our HTTP redirect library. If you are can help or have
suggestions, please contact us at feedback@fezhead.org.

--Eric