httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul J. Reder" <rede...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [Patch]: Scoreboard as linked list.
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2001 13:07:52 GMT
Ryan Bloom wrote:

> My modules are walking the scoreboard on every request to gather information
> that is only stored there.  Any locking will kill the performance of those modules.

Only if there is contention. If there is no contention, then you pay the price
of some function call overhead. As demonstrated by my test results and explained in
my previous posted response, even under heavy abuse with a pathological config,
contention is low.

If you can prove that the current locking is too heavy, there are solutions. Please
show me results that prove the patch causes you problems that can't be optimized.

--
Paul J. Reder
-- Albert Einstein