httpd-dev mailing list archives

From TOKI...@aol.com
Subject Re: 2.0.23 tarballs up
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2001 20:02:37 GMT

> > Kevin Kiley wrote...
> >
> > Before anyone scoots that tarball out to a beta or GA dir I am
> > just trying to verify it has a chance of downloading/building
> > and so far I can't.
>
> Cliff Wooley wrote...
>
>  Nothing's going anywhere until we have a working Win32 tarball, believe
>  me.

Rest assured...

Except for the LF only in all the .DSW and .DSP Win32 project files
you DO have a working Win32 2.0.23 tarball.

Thanks to Jerry Baker's help here is the (final?) story on that...

1. As long as you use any version of WinZip ( versus PKZIPW for Win32 )
and that version of WinZip has a feature under Options|Miscellaneous
that says 'Auto-convert LF to CR/LF on .TAR unpacks' and that option
is ON ( Usually the default ) then all is OK. The .tar.gz on the dev site
will unpack, load into MSVC, and compile straight away.

2. The only people it isn't going to work for are those not using WinZip
and don't have the auto-convert LF option. ( Like me ).

I think once the original Win32 project files are stored 'as-is' into
the tarball ( as binary versus text to preserve CR/LF ) then this is
all a moot point and both PKZIPW and WinZip will produce a
loadable Apache.dsw project. That's the way it's always been
but I might be the only one left using PKZIPW for Win32 so
it probably doesn't matter.

So that's 3 +1's for 2.0.23 windows version compiling and running OK
( Myself, Jerry and Sebastian ).

No fancy tests done here yet but it certainly serves up pages
and stays alive OK.

Yours...
Kevin Kiley