httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/http mod_mime.c
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2001 15:05:28 GMT
From: "Jeff Trawick" <trawick@attglobal.net>
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2001 7:22 AM

> weird...
>
> (this may be my lack of Visual Studio 5.0 skills, but anyway...) I
> just tried to create a new C file and there wasn't such a thing on the
> menu.  I can create a "C/C++ Header File" or a "C++ Source File."

If you are looking at colored code, you will see this.  Grab any apr initializer,
you will see the ide highlights c++ keywords like new and delete even if the
source file is .c.

> >From the command-line (cl.exe) I tried to compile something like
>
>   int main(void) { char x; x = 0; char y; y = 1; return 0; }
>
> and it failed if the file was named test.c and it succeeded if the
> file was named test.cpp.
>
> I wonder if newer levels of Visual Studio or the compiler itself
> aren't doing the right thing (or there is something in/missing from
> the project file which tells it to treat everything as c++...

As I mentioned, it's even possible that it didn't compile at all.  Fixed now,
and I'll try waiting to commit till the next morning, next time :)

Bill