httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: 2.0.23?
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2001 03:55:27 GMT
From: "Cliff Woolley" <cliffwoolley@yahoo.com>
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2001 9:44 PM

> Status update, anyone? What showstoppers remain?

I count two, SSL/TLS POST (which I'm willing to conceed could wait for 2.0.24,
but I'd _really_ like folks to bang on ssl/tls now!!!)

The other is brand new.  sub_req by file has been broken for some time (and I
grabbed the file flavor to begin dirent :(  This is the reason we need to have
foo.html.html files.

Once that bug is fixed tommorow morning, we can roll if you insist, or we get
lucky and somebody figures out how input filtering is broken on https: POST ...
maybe me if you wait for a day and a half.  By the way, I presume somebody can
confirm that the ssl/tls post bug occurs on the unix mpm's as well?  I'm convinced
this has to do with input filters, or the input filtering implementation within
mod_ssl/tls.

Other possibility (Mr Trawick?) is to see if a large POST with the ascii -> ebcdic
mod_charset_lite filter is also broken.  Does that module also do input filtering
and conversion?  (I see it does.)  Would someone with an iconv try that input filter
with post input?  (A big post, seems little ones get in unscathed.)

Bill