httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Comments on accept-mutex/single-listen patch ??
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2001 19:23:14 GMT
recall that the current code *defaults* to NONE (basically, if no
other method is compiled in) and will allow that option to be used
(but will post a warning unless MULTITHREAD is defined). So we're
even *safer* than the current such that if none are compiled in,
we don't start.

Basically the patch creates a set method based on that, and *allows* it to
be compiled in if desired. Nothing more. I'd like more people
to test the OS X implementation out, because that's the only one
so far that I've seen that appears to work with some limited
stress testing. And if we remove that from the Darwin case, so be it.

                   will lose both and deserve neither"