httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: 2.0.25 on FreeBSD 4.2-R -- 404 returns text/plain error page
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2001 22:24:19 GMT
On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 04:14:39PM -0600, Charles Randall wrote:
> Using the prefork mpm on FreeBSD 4.2-R with a default installation
> (./configure --prefix=/my/full/path -with-port=8080) a request for a
> non-existant page (E.g., /bogus) returns the HTML error document as
> text/plain.

Yup, that's a bug.  I don't *think* it is a showstopper though.  I can
reproduce this here.  I was just looking to not have the 506 error -
I didn't even pay attention to the content-type returned.

> As a side note, some portions of the code are compiled with "-D_REENTRANT
> -D_THREAD_SAFE" even when building using the prefork mpm. Why? Doesn't that
> have the potential to do the wrong thing on some platforms?

Yeah, well, I'm trying to get FreeBSD to work with threading.  At
this point it doesn't even work with threading, so you could remove
those flags, but I do hope to try and get it working soon.  -- justin