httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server core.c request.c
Date Sun, 26 Aug 2001 09:04:57 GMT
On Sat, Aug 25, 2001 at 11:43:19PM -0000, wrowe@apache.org wrote:
> wrowe       01/08/25 16:43:19
>
>   Modified:    .        CHANGES
>                include  http_request.h
>                modules/http http_core.c http_protocol.c http_request.c
>                         mod_core.h
>                server   core.c request.c
>   Log:
>     Introduce the map_to_storage hook, which allows modules to bypass
>     the directory_walk and file_walk for non-file requests.  TRACE

How is this different from the translate_name hook? Your new hook and the
translate_name are both about translating URLs into the backend storage.

Why was this new one added? (did I miss some discussion somewhere?) And if
so, then why does translate_name stick around?

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/