httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject mod_include test with new pool code.
Date Sat, 25 Aug 2001 08:40:00 GMT
On Cliff's suggestion, I used big.shtml from httpd-test/perl-framework
(took httpd-test/perl-framework/t/htdocs/modules/include directory
and made it include-test).  This shifted the load back to the CPU, so
our MP hardware can actually be useful now.

Gory details at:

http://www.apache.org/~jerenkrantz/

So, ~1% overall gain and a ~2-3% gain with a mod_included URL due to
Sander's patch.

Worker MPM has problems handling a connection at first.
Threaded MPM has problems with mod_include.

Lots more info on the link above.  HTH.  I'm going to sleep now.
-- justin