httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: .libs/httpd
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2001 21:58:02 GMT
On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 02:42:30PM -0700, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> Because it is absolutely bogus that I have to choose whether EVERYTHING
> in the build is static or dynamic.  I should be able to configure APR to be built
> as a static lib, but still have shared modules.

Then you should have stopped the "one libtool for everybody" push. As long
as we have a single libtool, and that thing is responsible for building
static and/or dynamic outputs, then we can only build in the way specified
by that one libtool.

Then you could build APR statically, and the rest of the system shared. Of
course, this also assumes that httpd-2.0/configure has the right set of
switches to prepare such a system.

But without the configure switches, you have no hope to do it anyways. So
you aren't even at a libtool problem yet.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/