httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: .libs/httpd
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2001 20:49:40 GMT
On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 08:27:05AM -0700, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> On Friday 24 August 2001 00:15, Doug MacEachern wrote:
> > On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> > > As I recall, libtool modifies the runtime library path within the exec
> > > when it installs the file, or something like that.
> >
> > libuncooltool.  i didn't realize libapr was now linked as a shared
> > library.  that explains everything.
>
> That's because libtool SUCKS!

Has nothing to do with libtool. That is just a convenient scapegoat.

APR can/should be a shared library. Should have been a long time ago, but we
didn't have installation running for it, so we made it a static library.
That was turned off recently, making things as they should be.

What are you blaming libtool for? Can you state the specific problem?

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/