httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Letting Table store non-char data
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2001 07:37:26 GMT
On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 10:38:44PM -0700, Brian Pane wrote:
> Greg Stein wrote:
> >Yes there is. apr_pool_userdata_set(..., r->pool)
> Using the "userdata" functions on r->pool as a replacement for a
> hash-based r->notes would be a mistake.  The interface to the userdata
> in a pool is limited to "get" and "set" methods.  The API is missing
> essential operations like "iterate over the set of elements in the userdata"
> and "merge the userdata for a subrequest pool into the parent's r->pool."

I would posit those operations are not needed. The notes or userdata are for
specific bits of information. It is not a simple collection that you can
iterate over. In fact, since you can't know the values of each key, you
cannot perform a useful iteration nor do a useful merge.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/