httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Letting Table store non-char data
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2001 03:58:11 GMT
On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 03:59:56PM -0700, Ian Holsman wrote:
> On Wed, 2001-08-22 at 15:41, Brian Pane wrote:
> > Ian Holsman wrote:
> > >>
> > >agreed.
> > >but there are no hash tables on the request rec structure.

Yes there is. apr_pool_userdata_set(..., r->pool)

> > >My problem is that I have a module which implements a custom SSI tag and
> > >a 'postfix' hook.
> > >the postfix hook sets up the key based on the incoming request.

apr_pool_userdata_set("ian-ssi-tag-data", data, apr_pool_cleanup_null,
                      r->pool);

> > >when the SSI tag gets called (~10-50 per page) it needs to get the key
> > >the postfix hook had set up.

apr_pool_userdata_get(&data, "ian-ssi-tag-data", r->pool);

> > How about changing request_rec->notes to a hash table?  This would be
> > a relatively simple change, as the notes field isn't used in a huge
> > number of places in the standard modules.

No need. IMO, r->notes should just go away. It is pointless nowadays.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/