httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: ARGH! Libtool 1.4 breaks our build!
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2001 21:18:23 GMT
On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 02:11:56PM -0700, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> I haven't got any idea, and I have wasted FAR too much time on this today.  :-(
>
> I am at the point right now, that I just want to remove libtool from our build system
> all together.  I can ALMOST get it to build, but install is another question all together.

If you can get it to understand the library building differences
and nuances, I'm all for removing libtool.  But, hey, that's tough.

> I am guessing that there is a simple flag to pass to libtool that turns it into
> what used to be call shlibtool, but I can't find that flag, and -prefer-pic didn't
> do it.

I can't find it either.  The docs aren't of any help.  Where are the
libtool hackers?

> I am not giving up, but if somebody else wants to beat me to a fix, FEEL FREE!!!!

Well, I got to do some other stuff right now, but I'll take a gander at
it later tonight.  -- justin