httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kraemer <Martin.Krae...@Fujitsu-Siemens.com>
Subject Re: Multi Language Error Documents
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2001 08:06:57 GMT
On Sun, Aug 19, 2001 at 06:31:16PM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> > To use a
> > specific example, someone who requests "en-us, fr;q=0.8, en;q=0.7" should
> > get the French page if the available variants are "fr" and "en" regardless
> > of the setting of this directive.  If, on the other hand, they request just
> > "en-us" then I think we can give them whatever the heck we please.
>
> correct.

Maybe I misunderstand the prefix rule, but I (thinking as a user) would be
disappointed to get a french version if I requested "en-us" and all the
server found was "fr" and "en". I would really expect to get the "en" variant
(and I'd interpret http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec14.html#sec14.4
like that if I were the user).

  Martin
--