httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kraemer <Martin.Krae...@Fujitsu-Siemens.com>
Subject Re: Multi Language Error Documents
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2001 08:02:31 GMT
On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 04:06:56AM +0200, Lars Eilebrecht wrote:
> But the document says:
>
>  "A language-range matches a language-tag if it exactly equals the
>   tag, or if it exactly equals a prefix [...]

The document somwhat also suggests that a browser implictly add
"en" if the user requested "en-gb". I assume that this was meant
to deal with (older versions of 1.3? and) existing unflexible
servers out there.

> BTW, for Germany you might use "de-DE" as a language extension
> which is damn equal to "de".

Not really equal. Think of
  Schlagobers and Topfen (in "de-AT") vs.
  Schlagsahne and Quark  (in "de-DE")
and
  Stra├če  (in "de-DE") vs.
  Strasse (in "de-CH")
(regional different words in different german speaking countries).

  Martin
--
<Martin.Kraemer@Fujitsu-Siemens.com>    |       Fujitsu Siemens
       <martin@apache.org>              |   81730  Munich,  Germany